Things you should know
- 28 ensuite bedrooms, all with free WiFi, digital flat screen tv, iPod/MP3 player alarm clock, hot drinks facilities, and a fridge with complimentary mineral water and fresh milk for your tea and coffee. We even have hair straighteners in Reception for you to borrow on those difficult hair days.
- Free mini bar topped up daily with a small selection of beer, wine and soft drinks.*
- 10 to 15 minutes’ walk to York city centre and world famous York Minster.
- Delicious breakfasts cooked to order using local produce.
- Restaurant open daily with room service available.
- We have always offered single night stays as we know that many of our guests don’t want 2 nights away and can’t wait until Friday afternoon to book last minute availability.
- Hotel Noir also offers free parking – there isn’t a lot of it so please car-share if you can and get there early to park and head into the city. There is also plenty of free on-street parking so you should always be able to find a space.
- Lounge bar open till late.
A bit more detail
- The 800 yard walk to York Minster and the city walls is on a flat wide pavement – this is an easy 10-15 minute walk for most people. For guests in high heels or those simply looking for an easier journey there is a regular bus service or we will always be happy to arrange a taxi.
- This great location means we are away from city noises of crowds and trains but we are on one of the main routes into York. Guests used to quiet nights at home may find this affects their sleep – if you let us know in advance we will do our best to arrange a room away from the front.
- If you are looking for restaurants and a vibrant nightlife, a weekend or race night in York will not disappoint. Our bar is open until late for that one last night-cap as you return.
- Being in the top 3 most visited cities means that York is an expensive weekend away. Rest assured – we price match with all hotels in York to offer the most competitive pricing possible (and you won’t need to pay for parking and wi-fi so watch out for those “amazing” deals with the hidden extras!)
- Midweek is the opposite – our rates are lower and guests can come to enjoy historic York and all its attractions in relative peace – perfect for a more relaxed break with the same restaurants and shopping on the side.
- We are still refurbishing the Hotel as fast as we can whilst offering the deals and great pricing our regular customers expect. This is tough whilst the recession drags on but you can be confident that we continue to offer the one-price package that delivers.
- We continue to receive awards from the most respected booking sites, attaining 4 stars on Trip Advisor in 2017, 8.3 on booking.com, Top Rated 2017 on Laterooms and a score of 4.1 on Hotels.com! See our reviews on:
- – a result we are proud of and working to get even higher!